POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I heard it on the news a few days ago... : Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:09:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I heard it on the news a few days ago...
From: Dave Tucker
Date: 27 Jul 1999 09:39:38
Message: <379DB5B4.9B84A0CA@altatech.com>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Not trying to put a damper on this and please don't flame me, but does
> anyone else get the feeling that soon we're going to have too much power and
> we as humans just won't be able to handle it?
>
> --
> Lance.

I've always found it interesting that ,servers aside, computers spend
most of their time waiting for us.  It's even more interesting that the
"wintel machine" seems to have convinced the world that anything short
of a 400MHz pIII is useless.  Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have
the high power stuff, I just don't think my father needs it to type a
letter...

dave

--
David Tucker