POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media Smaller than Container? : Re: Media Smaller than Container? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media Smaller than Container?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 24 Jul 1999 10:28:35
Message: <3799cd93@news.povray.org>
Kyle Stamper <joe### [at] geocitiescom> wrote in message
news:379### [at] geocitiescom...
> I'm fairly new to media, but the recent post "The Mummy...." has got me
> thinking and interested in particle type effects. If I make sphere, I
> can make the sphere hazy, the *whole* sphere hazy.

Just in case I know what you are talking about (not a good bet), are you
saying that your media goes all the way to the edges of your container, but
you only want them to go part way? So that the shape of the container is not
seen?

If so, have you tried scaling down the media? Scale should be the inverse of
your turbulence or thereabouts.