POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cmpeg causes nervous breakdown : Re: Cmpeg causes nervous breakdown Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cmpeg causes nervous breakdown
From: John VanSickle
Date: 24 Jul 1999 11:35:21
Message: <3799E005.798273E1@erols.com>
Matthias wrote:

> So happy for having found a working download site for cmpeg I wanted to

> torus01.tga instead of torus1.tga as first frame. Isolved the problem by
> using frame 10 as Initial_frame Is there a different possibility to get
> around this? This was only half of the Problem though, because Iget the
> Message "16 and 24 bit Targa only" HeHe as far as I know does Povray produce
> 24-bit targas at least with th +ft switch turned on !
> ????!???
> thanks for any help

You can also use a list file to supply the frames, instead of trying the
patterns.  This allows you to start from a frame other than frame 0,
delete frames in the sequence, use frames over and over, etc.

I use it for test renders, for shots mid-way in my animations.

To use it, simply, edit a text file with all of the names of the frame
files in it, such as:

frame001.tga
frame002.tga
frame003.tga

You can use any frames in any order, as long as they are all the same
image size.  This file gets fed to CMPEG like so:

  cmpeg -v1 -f2 ipb.ctl listfile.lst myanim.mpg

Note that the -t0 switch is not used.

Hope this helps,
John