POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "The Mummy", Voxels, and Povray (possibly Feature Request)... : Re: "The Mummy", Voxels, and Povray (possibly Feature Request)... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "The Mummy", Voxels, and Povray (possibly Feature Request)...
From: Peter Popov
Date: 23 Jul 1999 10:12:36
Message: <37996ef9.3137167@204.213.191.228>
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:42:53 -0500, Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom>
wrote:

>Saw the movie, it was fun to see.
>Think I saw the same "voxel" wepage you did, had a few cloud examples.
>Seems to me it was by a person making their own program to do that too.
>POV-Ray could probably come close to it, in fact the few great examples
>I've seen done were decent enough.
>The biggest difference may be in render time most of all. And admittedly
>maybe the present 'media' can not achieve the same results anyhow.
>Simply unknown to me so far.
>Peter Popov's adventuring into particle media is a good example too. At
>least I think it was Peter.

I wasn't home these days so... and I spent the last five or so days
trying to cope with the field around a mesh, which will (eventually)
be used to model arbitrary repulsor and attractor objects. I think
I'll start with mesh emitters now. Just the right job for the
barycentric coordinates stuff, thanks a lot, Jerry!

But how on Earth am I going to get all these into one? And the syntax
of the particle system definition file, easy yet readle by POV, is
really killing me. I'll leave the parser for the end.

Gee, I just hope I don't give up when I'm half through it [done it a
zillion times :( ]...

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700