POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD : Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:12:54 EDT (-0400)
  Quicktime Problem when using the Ray Tracing CD
From: Glenn Travis
Date: 24 Jul 1999 01:04:58
Message: <3799497a@news.povray.org>
Well, I finally decided that I needed to lay Bryce aside and really learn
POV-Ray!  The right way.

When I try to run the POV-Ray Reference / Ray Tracing CD Intro that is on
the CD, I get a message box that says that I must have an older version of
Quicktime, and that I need to load version 1.6.1.

However, I am using OS 8.6 and QT 4.0 (non-beta).  Are there any patches or
upgrades for the Reference out there that will allow me to use the app?

thanks,

trav