POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:20:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 24 Jul 1999 07:14:27
Message: <37990736.92093391@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:29:59 +0100, "Andrew Cocker"
<and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk> wrote:

[snip Motion-Capture/BVH]

>Thanks Cliff, but it's not a priority at the mo'. But let me ask you
>something regarding Dr Who. What was the title of the episode (s) that
>featured the Krynoids (not sure of the spelling), the plant-like tentacled
>things? I remember it scared me more than any other episode. It was a Tom
>Baker Dr. Who ( the best ).

It's "The Seeds of Doom" - and yes, at the time I found it terrifying.
Thinking back I can't help but think that the later stages could be
done better now with POV (you know the bits I mean - ginormous plant
attacks huge "house") as long as POv was given a render farm the size
of London to work with <eg>.
Ooo-err. I think I've just become the group's token Dr Who geek.

Eeek!

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail