POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Need help creating an effect : Need help creating an effect Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Need help creating an effect
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 23 Jul 1999 11:59:05
Message: <37989149@news.povray.org>
I have an Image that I rendered for the last IRTC and have now adapted for
the local Bike Club Tee Shirt. I want to place a Script logo over the image
so that it looks like a floating banner. I have a height field for the
script that looks just right (like fingernail polish) and I map the image on
a plane then put the script HF in front of that (see SCFW in p.b.i)(soon)
but that makes the script flat. I thought of putting the shuttle image on
the inside of a cylinder then using an unusual camera to make that seem flat
and the script bulge, but I really want undulation, not bulge.

    I hope I have described this well, any suggestions?