POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 23 Jul 1999 13:18:54
Message: <37988b18.60314359@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:55:10 +0100, "Andrew Cocker"
<and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk> wrote:

>I have a macro somewhere that places objects between two points, like beads
>on a string. As the distance between each joint remains constant, couldn't
>you use this method? You could build each limb from many spheres of various
>sizes, and you'd only need to animate the joint movement in 3d space. You
>could actually simulate muscle flexing also by affecting the scale of
>individual components. It'd be difficult to do certainly, but better perhaps
>than blobs or meshes.
>I had intended to do this myself, using rotating orbiting blob-shapes, but
>couldn't find the movement data for the joints. Motion capture data was what
>I was looking for, but had no joy.

I've found a few sites with motion data on them in what I'm told is a
comparatively "standard format" - BVH files. I've not found (or looked
for) the file specification but it's probably "out there" if you know
that BVH is another word to use when doing searches. I was actually
looking for other stuff when I found it so I don't have any URL's to
hand - but give me a yell if this doesn't help and I'll see if I can
find some again.

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail