POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: MR
Date: 23 Jul 1999 09:13:43
Message: <37986a87@news.povray.org>
hey andrew,

thanks for the comments.  remember emailing me all those
cool media files a while back?

most of the motion equations were totally uninspiring.  80%
of it is nothing but motion using spherical coordinates.  for
example, the shoulder to the elbow, and then again... the
elbow to the wrist (i haven't done the hands yet).  the length
is fixed, and i just feed a macro two angle increments, one
coming down off the vertical axis, and the other out from the
x axis.

but when i wanted to specify the hip, ankle, and toe point and
then have the code calculate where the knee would be (is this
inverse kinematics?), it just about killed me.  ha ha.  took me
a month to come back up to speed enough on the math to
solve that one.

and right now... the body parts are static.  they will not flex
with motion.

thanks, miker