POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV on IRIX 6.5 : Re: POV on IRIX 6.5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV on IRIX 6.5
From: Ken
Date: 23 Jul 1999 06:55:33
Message: <3798499E.3FBCFFF0@pacbell.net>
Marc Schimmler wrote:

> No, I had not been aware of the override mode which is indeed nice but
> from my experience common settings can bring in you in trouble very fast
> if you are not always aware what your settings are.
>
> Marc
> --
> Marc Schimmler

   Although I am using the windows build and in consequence don't
bother with the command line one thing I do like is to maintain the
same default settings for almost all of my scenes. It is comforting to
know that when I type something into a scene file and hit the render button
I pretty much know exactly how it will appear. If you play with a bunch
of command line options every time you render a scene you are not going
to be as certain a particular piece of code will work the same in every
scene or each time you render the same file.
  I like continuity. About the only thing I set differently is the render
resolution and the aa settings whether on or off and what level. These
are all contained in an ini file and can be choosen from a drop down menu.
Life is tough in the windows version :)
  Even when I was using v2.2 in dos I had my favorite .def files I used
repeatedly and they were pretty much short cuts to the way I use the windows
version now. This was before any kind of .ini file was supported by the
program.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net