POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 22 Jul 1999 19:26:04
Message: <3797A862.BC7A4E2A@aol.com>
'blob' would be a good and bad choice both. The Blobman macro include by
Peter H. and Govert Z. is a good example, can't think of a bad example;
unless you could call this same one that. Sorry, just making a point
here. The down side to them is the interactions between component parts.
This said, the parts of a moveable mesh wouldn't be perfect either I'm
guessing since the joints could be a tricky thing to get right enough.
For simplicity, sPatch might be the way to go, but then Moray is the
thing with the IK (inverse kinematics) for doing animation. Really a
tough call to make since you already have some sort of motion capable
scripting already done.

Bob

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe