POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : making body parts ?? : Re: making body parts ?? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making body parts ??
From: Josh English
Date: 22 Jul 1999 16:05:42
Message: <37977956.FCEBBDB5@spiritone.com>
I just picked up some of my old notes for making a hand. I was looking
at bicubic patches, defining two for each segment ofthe fingers, but
that was 28 patches. It was all hand coded, apparently.

You can use blobs, but I'm not satisfied with that look, personally.
Meshes can be used but calculating the normals is a pain. (at least for
me)

With the modeling programs it should be a sinch, just as long as you
keep the right scale, you'll be fine.

Joshua
eng### [at] spiritonecom