POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I iterate a function in POV script? : How can I iterate a function in POV script? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  How can I iterate a function in POV script?
From: Matt
Date: 22 Jul 1999 09:26:38
Message: <37971CCA.D82E4763@spherica.demon.co.uk>
Greetings ;>  Can anyone help me please -   ( POVray 3.00e, Pentium PC
system)

In order to create a number of intertwined same-axis spirals, I think I
need to be able to call a small block of POV script several times from
within the same file if possible. What's the closest I can get to an old
'GOSUB'-type or PROC command?

The BBC BASIC equivalent of what I want to do would be:
---------------------------
FOR i = 1 to 4
PROC spiral
NEXT i
END

DEF PROC spiral
{define a 3d spiral here, properties of which depend on value of i. Code
contains loops, #define's, etc. as well as shape commands}
ENDPROC
So, how can I do this? I thought of #declaring the spiral routine first
and then calling it a few times later, but it won't let me include other
logic & directives with shape commands, apparently. Help!

Best wishes to you all

Matt Rhys-Roberts
North Wales