POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov V3.1g is out : Re: Pov V3.1g is out Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:35:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov V3.1g is out
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 22 Jul 1999 14:33:02
Message: <379708d2.13123180@news.povray.org>
On 8 Jul 1999 01:32:40 -0400, Nieminen Mika <war### [at] cctutfi> wrote:

>Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>: Heh, Kens evil twin on the loose again I see.
>: Um, this last comment of PoDs made me think that twin ain't half bad
>: though. I know I can never get a unknown feature or function of POVs
>: figured to be buggy or not because I have no experience with those
>: seldom or never used things. I'm sure people have their own capabilities
>: with POV whether new to something or not, and perhaps that should be the
>: focus since we vary on our understanding of each part.
>
>  This is not always the case.
>  When I tried the averaged normal feature of POV-Ray for the first time,
>I soonly found the average normal bug. I immediately saw that it didn't
>work as it should.

Whereas (from experience, though not with POV) those proficient in
specific areas will probably use work-around to acheive their aim and
not even think to mention that there's an "issue" to be dealt with...
*they* can get it to work...

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail