POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Babylon 5 : re: Babylon 5 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:32:42 EDT (-0400)
  re: Babylon 5
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 20 Jul 1999 03:57:01
Message: <37942BCF.8A263672@giwersworld.org>
Ken wrote:

>   I think the main problem is money and time. for a series you have serious
> deadline issues and strict bugets to adhere to. If this were no problem
> you would throw away your lightwave program and hire ILM to take care of
> your special effects for you and give them all the money and time they ask
> for to do.

	K-rap!

	If I see that expanding torus (compressed in y) with media one
more time I think I am going to barf.

	Why is it a "good" image? ILM tells me so.

	Gentlemen, Lucas bought ILM and they have been technical state
of the art but in practice today, anyone can afford state of the
art processing speed. The thrust has gone to creativity not to
workstation capacity.

	The SGI workstations have been a running joke for at least a
year, maybe two or more. They are slow! Sure, they can do other
things while rendering without crashing but so damned slowly that
it is cheaper to buy an Intel machine (lord forgive me for saying
this) to dedicate to the job.

	Look folks I greatly dislike both Intel and MS and above all IBM
for what we have to deal with in this world. "Greatly dislike" is
a phrase for a G rated newsgroup.

	Look, fact of life, shut off everything in every mpu and every
os and windows only loses by the intel addressing quirk, quite
small adn variable.

--
<blink>-------please--don't-----------------</blink>

http://www.giwersworld.org/artii/