POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request - Texture modifiers : Re: Feature request - Texture modifiers Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request - Texture modifiers
From: SamuelT
Date: 20 Jul 1999 00:15:44
Message: <3793F89C.8A256B75@aol.com>
You may be happy to know (I know I am) that with the help of the new
superpatch, this kind of stuff is possible. You can do stuff like this:

#declare P1=function{
 pigment{crackle}
}

#declare P2=function{
 pigment{gradient y sine_wave}
}

sphere<0,0,0>,1
 pigment{
  function P1(x,y,z)+P2(x,y,z)
 }
}

Samuel Benge

"Rune S. Johansen" wrote:

> I read a message by SamuelT.
>
> He requested a feature to be able to multiply,
> add, subtract, and difference, etc. pigments
> and normals the following way:
>
> add {
>  pigment{wood}
>  pigment{gradient y}
> }
>
> If that is possible, why not take it a step further?
> What about being able to treat textures, pigments, and normals almost like
> vectors?
>
> Examples:
>
> object {
>  My_object
>  pigment {
>   pigment{wood} + pigment{gradient y}
>  }
> }
>
> #declare Texture3 =
> texture { ( Texture1 - 0.3 ) * Texture2 + 0.6 }
>
> #declare LowBumps =
> normal { HighBumps / 5 }
>
> This is not at all a complete and finished idea.
> Just something I thought might turn into something useful.
>
> Would it be possible?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Rune S. Johansen
>
> ---
> Visit The RSJ Website at http://welcome.to/rsj
> for 3D images including still lives, dragons,
> mathematical shapes, and more. Stereograms,
> tutorials, The POV Desktop Theme, all the jokes
> "you know you have been raytracing too long when",
> miscellaneous other things, and a lot of fun!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)