POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remote rendering? : Re: remote rendering? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remote rendering?
From: Kyle Stamper
Date: 18 Jul 1999 17:05:34
Message: <379240DE.D21458F@geocities.com>
Graham Redway wrote:

> You could just put a post in here asking nicely. You never know, I
> sometimes have a computer spare that I could render your scene. What is
> your computer?

I have a 486; it's about 6 years old :-( Plus it's the "family" computer
so I can't have it always tied up because my parents usually want to
check their e-mail etc.. Plus I'm working on an IRTC entry that has a
fairly large mesh, lots of lights, and *media*. I've had a 320x240, no
AA, and low media settings rendering going for 17.5 hours now and it's
only 64% done. There's no way I'll be able to keep doing "test"
renderings at this pace, and do the *final* rendering when I still have
ALOT of things to add.

>If any of mine are significantly quicker I'll do it.

I really appreciate the offer, but it would be *way* too much hassle for
you and myself because the scene file would be a big download (600k +)
and I'm really just doing test renderings now, that's why I was hoping
to find some sort of automated system so I could just poke along at my
own pace. Thanks again though.

		Kyle Stamper