POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star Wars, etc. : Re: Star Wars, etc. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star Wars, etc.
From: Lance Birch
Date: 18 Jul 1999 09:02:53
Message: <3791d07d@news.povray.org>
I especially have to agree with that.  It's well worth while seeing it the
way it was meant to be seen.  I'm very lucky here because my local cinemas
have THX sound.  In particular I found TPM and The Matrix's sound extremely
good, as well as the vision quality.  I don't think either movie could be
appreciated if they were seen on TV.

And also my comments on The Matrix (since I happen to love this movie :)

I thought that it was an excellent movie, anyone that has the chance to see
it in a cinema should definately take the time if possible, because it's
well worth it.  One of the things that I most enjoyed about it was that I
was able to go and watch it, and it had a massive mental impact on me and I
didn't even think about the effects used in it.  It actually (and this may
sound really stupid) gave me a heightened sense of my surroundings.  I think
it had the same impact on everyone else too, because when everyone walked
out, no one said anything at all...

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
Alan Kong wrote in message <3791c5a9.210339977@news.povray.org>...
>On Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:39:47 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
>>  I haven't seen it yet myself and will probably wait for it to come out
>>on cable in a year or two.
>
>  Hi, Ken. If you can possibly find the time to see "The Phantom Menace"
>during a weekday matinee (no lines, cheap ticket prices) you will be seeing
>the movie the way it is meant to be seen. No television can do justice to
>the work that went into this film. I do rent and purchase videos on VHS and
>DVD but viewing and listening to it on a tv (I wish I had surround
sound...)
>suffers in comparison to the movie theater experience. There is a fantastic
>amount of minute detail that can be seen on the big screen.
>
>  I'm very fortunate in that "TPM" is playing at a new United Artists
>theater complex just five or six minutes down the street from me.
Oftentimes