POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remote rendering? : Re: remote rendering? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 11:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remote rendering?
From: Ken
Date: 17 Jul 1999 20:35:14
Message: <379120DB.47CFEC32@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> I think a few of them exist actually... Maybe the Link Meister could come to
> the rescue on this one...
>
> Usually they work that you upload the scene file and specifications and it
> renders it and send it via email.

 There was one such service at : http://manson.ddns.org/webpovray/index.html
but it appears to now be gone. You would submit a scene for rendering and
it was up to you to come back and download it from the finished render queue.
There are commercial services that offer this but I do not have any links
to them. I would recommend a web search for "render farms" for more information
on this topic.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net