POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Field Warning : Re: Height Field Warning Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:31:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field Warning
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 13 Jul 1999 22:28:49
Message: <378bf5e1@news.povray.org>
Bob Hughes wrote in message <378AC870.7E315278@aol.com>...
>One of the reasons I uncheck any of those "Use Background Color for
>Transparency" boxes I come across since I never am sure where that
color
>is going to be.

IIRC the specification for GIF87 says that the first palette position is
for transparency. (assuming that is what you meant by 'where')

If you specify colour x on an image is transparent, it get's pride of
place.

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions