POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : SOR and MOR(E) : Re: SOR and MOR(E) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 06:11:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR and MOR(E)
From: Jerry Anning
Date: 13 Jul 1999 11:44:09
Message: <378b5d8d.6082054@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 10:55:56 +0200, Uwe Zimmermann <uwe### [at] elekthse>
wrote:

>Perhaps I invented the wheel twice - once again, but I didn't find the
>lathe
>object yesterday evening when I encountered problems with the SOR
>object. And
>I didn't try the storm root solver....

Jaime Vives has a macro that is similar to what you describe (I
haven't read your macro itself) on his web page (www.ctav.es/jaime/).
Meshing a sor/lathe object has an advantage you may not yet have
noticed: glass (i.e. transparent objects with an ior) is much, much
faster as mesh than as lathe.

Jerry Anning
clem "at" dhol "dot" com