POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity test 2 : Re: Radiosity test 2 (Overexposed Radiosity) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test 2 (Overexposed Radiosity)
From: Jay Raney
Date: 17 Jul 1999 23:16:34
Message: <378FB031.57E2@usit.net>
Your images look great warp!
You have great command of the radiosity feature?

Your comments mention the use of radiosity in outdoor settings causing
an overexposed looking scene. I have had the same trouble with similar
scenes. In my experiments, a scene viewed at a certain distance appeared
overexposed. But, with no other changes to the scene than moving the
camera, the radiosity effects become less overexposed as the camera
moves closer. The effects continue to diminish as the camera gets closer
almost disappearing altogether at some point.
Do any of the radiosity settings control the scale of this phenomena?
Does anyone understand why this happens?

Thanks
Jay Raney