POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : SOR and MOR(E) : Re: SOR and MOR(E) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:58:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR and MOR(E)
From: Uwe Zimmermann
Date: 14 Jul 1999 07:18:51
Message: <378C721A.C70FE99B@ele.kth.se>
Hej Jerry!

> Meshing a sor/lathe object has an advantage you may not yet have
> noticed: glass (i.e. transparent objects with an ior) is much, much
> faster as mesh than as lathe.

I didn't try that - yet - but I finally got around the problems I had
with the original POV-Ray objects though. I tried SOR and the STURM root
solving obtion and there still where some fuzzy features in the image.
FInally I got it to work using bicubic LATHE and STURM ...
Perhaps there should be a warning sign in the online documentation of
the SOR object:
"Using this object might or will result in unwanted pixels in your scene
and unpredictable results. Use LATHE instead!"

Uwe.