POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Field Warning : Re: Height Field Warning Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:38:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field Warning
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jul 1999 05:07:33
Message: <378C5330.B2B442B8@aol.com>
Martin Crisp wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote in message <378AC870.7E315278@aol.com>...
> > never am sure where that color is going to be.
>
> IIRC the specification for GIF87 says that the first palette position is
> for transparency. (assuming that is what you meant by 'where')

Nope ;) I meant "where" in the gif image itself (I'm just kidding
around), but glad you pointed it out about the palette for those still
wondering about such things (if they do). I had tried before, in vain,
to edit the palettes of my custom startup logo screens to get those
elusive animation indexes to go into them too and always failed. Now I
guess I know why, that talk of the hex editing instead. I simply
expected the index to remain usable with whatever changes to the colors
made so long as the index numbers remained as in the original MS Startup
Logo screen. Going to look up that utility for doing it right and maybe
do some more of those things. Fun to manipulate ones computer
environment for the better.
Just happened to look up at the Subject line. Began to think I was in
another thread here. Sorry, OT.