POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Height Field Warning : Re: Height Field Warning Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field Warning
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 13 Jul 1999 10:57:31
Message: <378B53F9.5C4D6FB@peak.edu.ee>
Ken wrote:

/.../
>   This nonsense went on for about 20 min of trying various options but for
> the life of me I could not figure out what had happened to a proven method
> of 3d logo creation. It was only after shutting down the program, eating
> lunch, and considerable pondering did I discover the error of my ways.

I bet it was eating lunch that did the trick :)

BTW, it would be nice if the transparency info in GIF could be put to good use,
such as clipping out the transparent sections. The alpha channel could also be
used, clipping out completely transparent parts. I can think of many
applications for this (although all can be simulated with texture maps)
Does this sound viable?

Margus