POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Please help with some really hard math : Re: Please help with some really hard math Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Please help with some really hard math
From: Josh English
Date: 12 Jul 1999 16:00:56
Message: <378A4942.1EF16290@spiritone.com>
A smooth mesh should hold the same positions in space a a non-smoothed
mesh, so the distance to the surface should be the same.
I'm not sure how the normal vector would affect an electrostatic field.
You need to calculate the closest point between the mesh and your
arbitrary point to determine the strength of the field.

Joshua
eng### [at] spiritonecom