POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New way of specifying transparence? : Re: New way of specifying transparence? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New way of specifying transparence?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 12 Jul 1999 01:21:58
Message: <37897A56.2AB227CD@Kopp.com>
I kind of like this idea.  How exactly would the pattern specity the
trnasparency?  Would you use a transparency_map (or would a color_map or
pigment_map be sufficient)?  This might be adding overkill to the system
and may just confuse people, but I still think it might be a good idea.

One thing to note: You can already create the filter/transmit versions of
this by using a pigment_map.

-Nathan