POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New way of specifying transparence? : Re: New way of specifying transparence? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New way of specifying transparence?
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 12 Jul 1999 00:07:29
Message: <37896a01@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff wrote in message <378### [at] compuservecom>...
>I have been thinking about a new way of specifying transparence, rgbft
>seems too limiting.

[snip]

>It would allow a separate pigment for the transparence calculations,
and
>would allow one to have an object of one color filter light like an
>object of another color(I believe there are some real-world substances
>which actually do this).

Fluorescent/phosphorescent substances you mean?
e.g. Fluoroscene-sodium.
When this (orange-appearing, but that may be because of light) powder is
dissolved in water the water is green when viewed in shadow, orange if
viewed in the light. Used in high-school physics to demonstrate internal
reflection (fishtank full of green water, except for the orange path
that light took...)

That the sort of thing you were referring to?

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions