POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : that color!! : Re: that color!! - Not Impressed. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 19:32:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: that color!! - Not Impressed.
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 9 Jul 1999 04:32:45
Message: <378559C2.EC47D8FA@xs4all.nl>
Rick wrote:

> I was just annoyed that i was forced to download the file, as p.g is one of
> the NG's i let my mail program pick up all new messages when i get me
> regular email. I did not appreciate a 400k download i didnt have to make, i
> have to pay for my time online, and the less i spend online during the week
> make a BIG difference to my phone bill.
>
> I leave to bin NG's (excapt bin images) to the weekend when its cheaper.
>
> > I wouldn't dare post any of my redundant non-utilities here, no sir (nor
> > anywhere else ;-) ).
>
> seriously, zip em and stick em in the bin.utils group, no problems
>
> Rick

I also have to pay my phonebill, so, as I said, I'm not very happy (to say the
least) about these huge chunks either. It's a problem for all the groups, also
the binaries groups where you'll often find attachments that are way to large. I
think executables should be zipped or packed in some way or another anyway, but
an even better way for such files larger then, say, 100 or 200K is to put them
on a web-page and post the link. You already know there's a large group that
can't use it anyway (platform).

I just thought Andrew had a point too...

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/