POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : that color!! : Re: that color!! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: that color!!
From: Ken
Date: 8 Jul 1999 12:22:14
Message: <3784CEDC.9FFB550@pacbell.net>
Noah A wrote:

> here is a little program a buddy of mine made for me to help me find
> just the right color it out puts handy color code just for pov like so
> "color rgb <0.xxx,0.xxx,0.xxx>" it had a very fine slider bar and it's
> very helpful if you're downloading it ppppleeasssseee post a reply or
> something even if it's blank i would just like to see how many people
> try out this little wonder :)
>
> RESPOND IF YOU DOWNLOAD

  Not to dampen your enthusiasm but a 400k binary to simply choose a color
seems a bet excessive. There is a color picker utility in the
povray.binaries.utilities group already that pops up the standard windows
color selection window and will past the standard <0.000,0.000,0.000>
statement like your does and has a file size of less than 80k. There are
also two other utilities I know of available you can find in my links
collection that also do the same thing and each of these are also much
less than the file size I see posted here. The color picker I use is the
one posted in the binaries group and I find a use for it on occassion when
I have trouble finding just the right hue of shade of that pesky color
I am working. For that reason I would say that these are useful thing to
have accessable when added to the tools menu in the windows version of Pov.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net