POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : render time decay revisited.... : Re: render time decay revisited.... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:18:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render time decay revisited....
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 8 Jul 1999 09:51:17
Message: <3784AC44.D4EFAA51@geocities.com>
I think that I was the one who coined "render time  decay".  Things became
horribly slower as I proceeded in frames in an animation of running blob "metal
men."

I also showed how upgrading my CPU and memory gave something like a 10X boost
to rendering in BRYCE; but barely a 2.5X boost to rendering in povray.   I
asked a dumb question then, and I will repeat it now:

Is there a way to make povray more RAM-intensive?