POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : this semicolon .... : this semicolon .... Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  this semicolon ....
From: Uwe Zimmermann
Date: 7 Jul 1999 10:00:35
Message: <37835D82.F336C42B@ele.kth.se>
Hej there!

It's about this funny little sign ";" which has become obligate after
some
#declare and #local directives. It's not really a bug, just a little bit
of inconvenience - or may be I'll just have to get used to it (after the
quantum leap from v3.0 to v3.1e).

It's just that I "automatically" set a semicolon after all those
declarations (as in other languages like Pascal, JavaScript etc.), of
course ending up with an error message, if the declaration concerned an
object, texture etc. - or simply said everything that's not a float,
vector or color....

I have no idea of the parsing behind the POV scenes but wouldn't it be
nice to at least ignore a semicolon after all definition statements - it
would make it a little bit more logical (at least to me).

But perhaps not the program should be changed but the user....

     Uwe.