POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Fox Network uses povray??? : Re: Fox Network uses povray??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox Network uses povray???
From: Ken
Date: 6 Jul 1999 22:34:43
Message: <3782BB95.15B49581@pacbell.net>
Steven Durham wrote:

> OK, maybe I did miss the point of the thread in question, I bow to Mr.
> Tylers far greater knowledge of the persons and processes involved.
> However I am not talking about "Toy Story" or "Jurassic Park". Just a three
> second clip, on a twenty or thirtieth ranked show on a secondary affiliate
> of a third rate network. I don't know how well the analogy holds, but often
> a proffessional carpenter will find a quaint little hammer a far more
> effective solution to a particular problem than his expensive, and
> complicated pneumatic nailer
>
> Steven

  O.K. I finaly got a chance to catch the show you are refering to and there
is little doubt in my mind that they are not using povray for their animations.
In fact I doubt they are using any kind of raytracing package to produce them.
Most likely they are using a simple phong shading or scanline rendering system.
They are not of very high quality and quite likely made in a program much LIKE
lightwave or maybe 3ds max but not necessarily those packages.

  Pov could produce animations like that but they would look much better in
my opion :)

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net