POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Big Bug Found : Re: Big Bug Fix Found Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Big Bug Fix Found
From: Ken
Date: 5 Jul 1999 05:04:40
Message: <378074CB.EE357A9E@pacbell.net>
Alan Kong wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Jul 1999 20:00:25 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
>   Hi, Ken. You are correct. Using your scene code I was able to reproduce
> the big bug.

>   The following scene source, however, will squash the big bug:
>
> camera { location < 0, -.5, -1.7> look_at 0}
>
> light_source { <-10,10,-10> rgb 1}
>
> text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "BIG" .5,0 scale <1, .2, 1>
>   translate<-0.85,-.525,0>
>   pigment{rgb 1}
> }
>
> text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "BUG" .5,0 scale <1, .2, 1>
>   translate<-1.05,-.67,0>
>   pigment{rgb 2}
> }
>
> background { rgb .35}
>
> --
> Alan

  While your solution to the Big Bug works it is a bit messy. I have a
Big Bug fix that I would like to submit for your approval. Besides fixing
this particular bug it has the potential of fixing many other Bugs as
well:

  camera       { location < 0, 0, -1.9> look_at 0}
  light_source { <-1,1,-510> rgb 1}

  text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "RAID" .5,0  scale <1,2,1>
    translate<-1.2,-.35,0>
   pigment { rgb 2 }
  }

  All kidding aside there does appear to be something wrong with the first
example I presented. If you look at the text object on top you will note
where it intersects the text object on the bottom the bottom of the top
text object appears to be thicker in the z direction than the top of the
text object on the bottom. Shouldn't they be a uniform thickness both top
and bottom for both text objects bottom and top ?

Is this a Big Bug BUG ?

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net