POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recommended feature : Re: Recommended feature Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recommended feature
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 4 Jul 1999 22:36:58
Message: <37801942.F9D00D66@Kopp.com>
An interesting idea.  Another solution to the problem would be to have
multiple copies of the same patch reference a single copy (which is what
the triangle mesh object does).  Of course, this would necessitate an extra
inverse transformation for each ray intersection, since individual
transformations couldn't be applied directly to the control points, as is
done currently.

Anyone know if the render speed of a bicubic patch (type 1) is faster or
slower than a mesh?

-Nathan