POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Object Movie - Macro?? : Object Movie - Macro?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Object Movie - Macro??
From: Martin Crisp
Date: 4 Jul 1999 21:46:06
Message: <37800e5e@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I've been working on a fairly simple task: Rotating an object in 'steps'
suitable for making object movie frames. I have it working to the stage
where I could take it into a macro... My questions now are
essentially...

Does such a thing already exist?
If not, anyone interested if I can get it happening?

Lastly:
Would it be better to have a Macro which redefines & returns the object?
Or one which actually transforms and produces the frame?

As I see it at the moment it would take 7 parms:
The object, x rotation, y rotation, number of rows, number of columns,
whether it wraps at the end of the x_rotation, whether it wraps at the
end of the y_rotation.

(These last 2 could be ommitted, but it makes the math simpler for the
human if they want an object movie to 'loop' as they specify where it
loops rather than having to recalculate the sweep angle(s) based on the
number of rows/cols)

Note: The macro would have to assume that the object and camera are in
the right place, I don't want to tie it to detecting the object bounds
and translating, rotating and translating again (assuming I could do
that). Plus you may not *want* an object actually 'in place'  (union
everything in the scene except the camera, pass that object => VR Object
Panorama pivoting around <0,0,0>)

Comments?

Have Fun
Martin
--
<Spa### [at] tesseractcomau> is a valid address
If you prefer mnemonic addresses you can use:

My opinions should not be taken as indicative of Tourism Tasmania's
opinions