POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : city creating software : Re: city creating software 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city creating software 2
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 5 Jul 1999 09:55:21
Message: <377fd07e.14695097@news.povray.org>
Chris Colefax  wrote:

>I (somewhat impetuously) wrote:
>> I'll just have to work on something to really show off!
>
>to which Margus Ramst replied:
>> I can hardly wait. Keep showing off! The more, the better :)
>
>and Cliff Bowman generously wrote:
>> Good post, you even managed to avoid retaliating on an offended and/or
>> offensive manner. Remarkably "adult" for Usenet these days.
>>
>> I know you're joking, if only because you know POV users worldwide
>> would hunt you down like a dog.. I can almost hear the torch-carrying
>> villagers now "Upload Colefax - this is your last chance!" <g>

[snip]
>Thank you, Margus and Cliff - to be honest, my first response to
>Matthias' post was a wide smile of my own...but being ever poised for a
>fall, I couldn't resist a reply! (although the comparison to a hunted
>dog is rather disturbing, Cliff...trust an Englishman, what!)

We're certainly on the odd side over here. Our mental hospitals have
the sane people on the inside with the "inmates" wandering the
countryside. We're happier like that overall :)

Back on to topic (or at least a closer approach) it's disheartening to
see something criticised not for a flaw in it but a lack of
understanding. I suspect there are enough people around who've
benefitted from your work that the misconceptions about your include
files "limitations" wouldn't have stood for long.

BTW I finally got an animation I mentioned by e-mail oh - probably a
couple of years ago - into a state where I'm not too embarrased with
it. Although I'm trying out media instead of your lens flare (a recent
modification which I'm still working on) the "title sequence" still
uses your stars, your explosion to blow up out moon, and your clock
modifier all over the place. Saved me hours and hours of time.

Cheers mate :)

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at http://www.who3d.cwc.net/
PS change ".duffcom" to ".net" if replying via e-mail