POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : geocities and copyright : Re: geocities and copyright Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:17:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: geocities and copyright
From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 4 Jul 1999 06:51:18
Message: <377f3ca6@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch <lan### [at] usanet> wrote in message
> >I don't know about other places, but my ISP offers an unlimited number of
> >unique e-mail address (i.e. not just aliases) as well as an unlimited
> amount

> >plenty of free ISPs (only pay normal phone charges) over here, with about
> 15
> >megs being the typical amount of space being offered.. and no adverts at
> >all.
> >

> >/\/\/\//
>
> I wish I was there... over here you get nothing for free when it comes to
> the net and everything is overpriced (even the large corporations such as
> Telstra who CAN afford to offer low prices seem to offer higher prices
than
> everyone else... interesting that...).
>
> Generally the going deal here is $20 (or usually more) per month for 10 MB
> and 10 email addresses, but there is usually some other agreement, such as
> you must have a dial-up account with them (add an extra $35-45 per month
for
> unlimited hours, limited downloads of usually about 150 MB and 40c per MB
> after that...)
>
> Gets expensive quickly... :-(

It used to be like that over here too... till one company (FreeServe)
started offering what its name suggests last September.  It had something
like 600,000 new users in 3 months... with well over a million now - and
beat AOL as the most popular ISP in the UK quite convincingly :)  Now loads
of companies have almost had to follow, including mine :)

Tell you want... start up your own little free ISP - and see what happens ;)

*Ahem*... but we digress.

/\/\/\//