POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reflecting media affected laser beams : Reflecting media affected laser beams Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Reflecting media affected laser beams
From: Steve Ziuchkovski
Date: 3 Jul 1999 14:30:13
Message: <377e56b5@news.povray.org>
I have created a scene that uses a cylindrical light, atmospheric media, and
some mirrors in order to simulate a laser beam. Looks pretty good, except
for one problem...

The beam is visible (due to the scattering particles) just fine before it
strikes a mirror. But, it does not reflect off the mirror, but just stops
there as if it was a non reflecting object. I _can_ see the reflection of
the beam in the mirror, but the beam itself doesn't bounce.

Make sense? I can post the scene if I didn't describe it well enough. It's
pretty small.

Steve