POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possible solution for speeding up Povray's radiosity? : Re: Possible solution for speeding up Povray's radiosity? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible solution for speeding up Povray's radiosity?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 2 Jul 1999 02:41:04
Message: <377c5e0b.1626013@204.213.191.228>
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 20:43:58 +0100, "Equiprawn" <equ### [at] tinetie>
wrote:

>Ahh! It all becomes clear now!
>
>Then what I propose is a radiosity implementation that works on a per object
>basis. Could the benefits reaped by photons not also be reaped by radiosity?
>
>Equiprawn

It is possible to use photons for global illumination purposes, the
this is exactly what you propose. AFAIK Nathan mentioned that he
wouldn't tinker with it for the time being, but you should best ask
him.

Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700