POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:13:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: Lance Birch
Date: 1 Jul 1999 00:27:20
Message: <377aee28@news.povray.org>
>I personally have my page on Xoom. They have already started to suck, now
>that they have that stupid banner on the top of each page (which sometimes
>ruins them completely). I would like to move to a place where I can have

OK, why don't you do what I do... just get rid of the banner :)

Here's how...

If your address is http://members.xoom.com/your-user-name-here/index.html
then just retype it like this:
http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/your-user-name-here/index.html

What happens is that when someone goes to your site, the XOOM HTTP portal
bot adds the extra frame in... by adding _XOOM/ to the address it cancels
the bot's operation and bypasses it completely, thus getting rid of the bar.
Note however that you MUST specify the file... e.g. you must point it
directly to index.html the first time, otherwise it will add the banner on.

For example, my two addresses below are redirectors.  They actually point
to:

The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/lancebirch/thezone/index.html

and

Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/lancebirch/colorblind/index.html

HAVE FUN!  :)

--
Lance.

---
The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
For a totally different experience, visit my Chroma Key Website:
Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind