POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures : Re: New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New macros: spherical/cylindrical brick textures
From: Ron Parker
Date: 30 Jun 1999 20:56:00
Message: <377abb70.201381594@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 23:09:41 GMT, shi### [at] gatenet (Jeff Lee) wrote:

>Which bits do you feel are too restrictive?  I read the whole thing when
>I started using it, and didn't find anything I thought was unreasonable.

Nothing unreasonable, just a couple things that seemed a little
excessive for the stated goal of keeping the code free.  The usual
suspect when you're talking to me is the ban on new interfaces, but
I'm also wary of the "these specific people may not do anything with
POV" clause, not because I'm against it but because I feel like it
might be opening a legal can of worms that's best left sealed.

When you're talking to other people, the usual complaint is that the
code can't be used in other free projects, as it could be if it were
under the GPL or a similar license.

Since my biggest complaint was that I couldn't add all the
functionality I wanted to, I'm not really the one to ask.  And, I'm
probably going to regret bringing this whole thing up again. :)