POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: Arthur Flint
Date: 2 Jul 1999 14:17:12
Message: <377D0316.4553F829@gci.net>
POV-Ray Newsadmin wrote:

> >I prefer the idea of 'myname.povray.org', but that other one sounds good too.
>
> The team would prefer to keep povray.org for official purposes.
>
> >I think step one is to make a survey and get a list of names of people that are
> >100% sure they want a webpage there. Based on the amount of people versus the cost
>
> Well, I'll take people's statements in followups to this thread as being a good
> indication of general interest. If I can see that there is sufficient interest
> I'll set up a system to take pre-orders for space. If I get enough I'll set it
> up. It'll mean purchasing a new hard disk so I have to make sure it's
> worthwhile.
>
> -- Chris

Here is my vote for the project. I already have a site with gci.net (Alaska, USA)
<http://home.gci.net/~mrart/>
But still, to have my site right next to "povray.org" just might convince my wife of
20
years that this is not
just a stupid hobby (not to mention the ego boost that I could get).
    Oh, if you do stop by my pages, would someone * please * mail me and tell how to
set up a counter?
I know I see that page al ot (after all it IS my home page) , but does anyone else?

Thanks,
Mr. Art