POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 1 Jul 1999 21:50:30
Message: <377C1AFE.52EAE535@mailbag.com>
Alan Kong wrote:

>   People shouldn't be surprised to learn that the system that hosts these
> newsgroups and povray.org wasn't donated to the POV-Team by some generous
> benefactor. Neither are the developer tools that the POV-Team uses to bring
> us our beloved POV-Ray.

The development tools I use are the exception.  I would like to take
this opportunity to thank rms and everyone else who has contributed to
the software I use to work on the Unix version.  I enjoy the benefits of
software donated by many generous benefactors, and I'm just trying to
follow their example.

--
Mark Gordon
mtg### [at] povrayorg