POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 1 Jul 1999 03:44:22
Message: <377B1C56.7AE61750@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Lance Birch wrote:

> >I personally have my page on Xoom. They have already started to suck, now
> >that they have that stupid banner on the top of each page (which sometimes
> >ruins them completely). I would like to move to a place where I can have
>
> OK, why don't you do what I do... just get rid of the banner :)
>
> Here's how...
>
> If your address is http://members.xoom.com/your-user-name-here/index.html
> then just retype it like this:
> http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/your-user-name-here/index.html
>
> What happens is that when someone goes to your site, the XOOM HTTP portal
> bot adds the extra frame in... by adding _XOOM/ to the address it cancels
> the bot's operation and bypasses it completely, thus getting rid of the bar.
> Note however that you MUST specify the file... e.g. you must point it
> directly to index.html the first time, otherwise it will add the banner on.
>
> For example, my two addresses below are redirectors.  They actually point
> to:
>
> The Zone - http://come.to/the.zone
> http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/lancebirch/thezone/index.html
>
> and
>
> Colorblind - http://listen.to/colorblind
> http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/lancebirch/colorblind/index.html
>
> HAVE FUN!  :)
>
> --
> Lance.

Xoom is also on the list that have nearly identical terms like
Geocities. The funny thing is that all those not of the proper age to do
buisness of their own (Lance .. Tony?) can't sign the licence legally.
Only your parents can. :-) So don't be bothered. They would loose every
lawsuit.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler