POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pentium III compile : Re: Pentium III compile Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pentium III compile
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jun 1999 21:13:31
Message: <377AC07A.A2A6FA82@pacbell.net>
Ron Parker wrote:

> >I still have my big yellow TI 74xx book (hardcover!)
>
> I have one of those, too, but not in hardcover.
 I have too many of those :)

>  I hate TI's website, though - I can't figure out how you're supposed
> to look up a TI chip for which you know the number but not the function.

 I think the nomenclature used in the entire electronics industry is long
over due for a change. None of it ever really made since and there are
too many systems in use by different manufacturers. Having some of the
distributers cross references help because you simply look up the numbers
without worring about who manufactured it and the crossed numbers points
you to the right family of chips. I love both NTE and Philips ECG for
this. IC master is good to if you can afford it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net