POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Fox Network uses povray??? : Re: Fox Network uses povray??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fox Network uses povray???
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jun 1999 19:30:50
Message: <377AA86A.F79E95CF@pacbell.net>
Steven Durham wrote:

> <insert>
> judging by posts at comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing, there are some
> people with e-mail adresses like @pixar.com and @sgi.com
> using POV extensively. If you care to debate your position with them, you
> might want to join one of the ongoing threads there.
>
> thanks again Steven
> <end comment>

  As one of those people who was involved in the thread in question I would
like to point out you missed the point in that thread. Larry Gritz the
@pixar.com address you mention thinks Pov is a nice quaint little program
but is hardly worth a second glance for the type of work that they do.
Larry is also the author of the program BRMT and helps write a lot of the
software routines that Pixar uses in their productions. They would not
consider even for a moment using a program like Pov-Ray. It's capablilities
are far too limited and lack the modelling interface neccessare for their
modelling tasks. I think Larry gets bored sometimes and likes to play
with the kiddies minds on c.g.r.r. :)

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net