POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pentium III compile : Re: Pentium III compile Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:11:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pentium III compile
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jun 1999 18:46:57
Message: <377A9E21.51D5F2D5@pacbell.net>
Glen Berry wrote:

> On 30 Jun 1999 17:44:35 -0400, par### [at] fwicom (Ron Parker) wrote:
>
> >No, just good references.  I have the Intel Developers' Insight website on
> >3 CDs, including all of the tech ref books.  Absolutely free from Intel, they
> >even pay the shipping.  Get yours today.
>
> I have a few older copies of those CDs myself. They *are* packed with
> helpful information. I've heard that Intel will even ship some of its
> documentation in book form, free of charge. I haven't tried that yet,
> but I probably will in the near future. Paper documentation still has
> some advantages over CD-ROM.

  Most IC manufacturers will provide free literature, cross reference
guides, and data books to engineers upon request. My bookshelves and
for that matter my desk top are buried by them.  Many also provide
free application notes for specific IC's usualy obtainable online or
through faxback systems. If you really wanted to see the architecture
and application data for the P-III they probably have the data online
somewhere. See my bookmarks for links to companies that provide this
data free of charge such as Motorola and National Technologies.

Note: I have never personaly obtained free data from Intel and their
      policies may differ from my own experience with other reputable
      IC and component manufacturers.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net