POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : Re: it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: it might be an idea
From: bankspad
Date: 30 Jun 1999 14:25:44
Message: <377A5D0F.A3DAB09F@pacbell.net>
I'll have to toss in my 2 pennies worth and agree. Realizing that a
billion-dollar corporation and all it's sucklings would have the audacity to
legally acquire the works of others "for free" and devise a way to further
expand their capital gains is sickening. Okay, I'm sure that there will be
those who agree that that is the way of business, and I can't argue that.
So, here is my logic: Povray was given freely, supported freely, with all
work being freely righted to the creator of the image; if anyone is to gain
marketedly from the works of POV artists (if not the artists themselves)
then it should be the creators and administrators of this software and
sub-community. It has been my experience that the foundation of artists and
experimentors using POV is one of rendering-for-the-sake-of-rendering with
the interest of material surplus being minimal to non-existant. As a result,
it is my belief that if any monies are to be generated by the content of
personal web pages then those monies should go to the ones who deserve it,
that being the creators and admins of povray.org, whereby through them the
rest of us will most likely benefit.

KB-