POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : it might be an idea : it might be an idea Server Time
11 Aug 2024 15:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  it might be an idea
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 30 Jun 1999 10:54:53
Message: <377A2FBB.137DD7DB@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
With some horror I followed the news that Geocities and other "free" web
space providers are going to "steal" the intellectual property of their
users. I guess for many this is not a acceptable state (for me it would
not).
During the last advertising of the IRTC CD-ROM by Chris Cason Greg M.
Johnson suggested a very good idea (my opinion). He asked if it would be
also helping povray.org if the povray users would place their homepages
on povray.org and allowed some advertising. Chris seemed to be
interested but no response came!
How about moving your Geocities homepage to povray.org and help to
support it while denying Geocities and Tripod etc. to steal your work?
I guess some advertisers from the graphics and software industry could
be interested.
Would this be OK for povray.org?
Would this be OK for you?

Any response?